Velo Orange Polyvalent Steel Frameset for Disc Brakes All Sizes Touring
NOW SOLD OUT UNTIL SEPTEMBER
This item will not go via postal service so will need to be sent by courier. There is an additional charge for shipping outside UK and EU please send us a message for a shipping quote.
See video review of Polyvalent here
The All New Polyvalent is Velo Orange’s “do-it-all” frameset. It is the ideal platform to build a sturdy tourer, practical commuter, comfortable all-day randonneur, or a rugged gravel bike.
They'll have the same specifications and sizing as the Low Kickers (spec. below), but with a horizontal top tube (with a couple degrees of slope).
Tire clearance is generous. With fenders: 650b x 48 or 26 x 2.3” (smooth). Forgoing fenders, the Polyvalent can gobble up 650b x 2.1” or 26x2.3 (knobby).
There are star reinforcements on nearly every braze-on on the frame and fork. The rear brake routing is internal and features super easy installation via a brazed in tube - no more fishing for the housing. The paint is a brilliant Metallic Sage.
The rear end of the bike features dedicated rack and fender mounts.
The fork has an elegant French-style bend that features braze-ons for a multitude of mounting options including: Rando-style front racks, side-mounted cargo cages, and low-rider pannier racks.
Of course, it wouldn't be a Velo Orange frame without proper fender mounts that face the tire to create a perfect fender installation every time.
- Frameset material: 4130 double butted chromoly steel
- Fork: 1 1/8" threadless, 4130 chromoly steel with elegant bend
- Wheel Size: 650B or 26"
- Tire Clearance: 650B x 48mm, 26 x 2.3" (either with fenders) / 650b x 2.1 or 26 x 2.3 knobby
- Rear Spacing: 12 x 142mm, thru-axle with replaceable hanger (included)
- Fork Spacing: 12 x 100mm, thru-axle (included)
- BB: English threaded 68mm
- Brakes: IS mount disc, 160mm or 180mm rotors suggested
- Seatpost: 27.2mm
- Front Derailleur Size: 28.6mm
- Water bottle mounts: Triple on top of downtube, one set on underside of downtube
- Fender bosses: seat stay bridge, chainstay bridge, under fork crown
- Frame Eyelets: Double eyelets on rear dropouts for racks and fenders. Internal eyelets on seat stays
- Fork Eyelets: Double eyelets on fork dropouts for racks and fenders. Triple thru-bosses on the blades for lowrider racks. Hourglass braze-on for Randonneur or Campeur Racks.
- Rear Brake Routing: Easy internal routing for rear brake cable housing/hydraulic tubing
- Paint: Metallic Sage
and the geometry: