Velo Orange 50.4mm Pro 5 Vis type crank arms
If this item is shown as "Sold Out" we can order it in for you in 6-12 days just contact us
You can use these cranks with Velo Orange, T.A. Pro 5 Vis Cyclotouriste Rings or SunXCD Rings, to make single or double chainsets. Chain rings and hardware are listed separately, so you can make or your own combinations.
Velo Orange made some small changes to the classic 50.4mm BCD cranks MK 1. There is now more room between the arms and chainrings for easier front derailleur setup. The arms are also stiffer but a tiny bit lighter.
Classic 50.4 BCD cranks, like the TA, Stronglight 49D, and others, are still sought after by randonneurs and cyclo-tourists. These cranks offer tremendous versatility (chain rings from 26t to 52t fit). They are also light and have narrow Q-factors, or tread.
While the new Grand Cru crank looks like the classics, we have made several important improvements. They are cold forged 7075 aluminum alloy. The BB taper and all threading is common sizes (fits square taper BBs) - no need for special tools and BBs.
Here are the highlights:
- Cold forged.
- More room between outer ring and crank arm for easier front derailleur setup.
- Thicker chain rings for less flex than TA or other classic cranks.
- More VO chain rings coming later, or you can use TA rings.
- 5-10 speed compatible.
- All-stainless hardware. All bolts/nuts are Allen head
- Standard extractor/dust cap thread, standard ISO pedal threads.
- High polish finish.
- Aluminum machined dust caps included. BB bolts included.
About bottom brackets: Most road frames use a 118mm BB. Bikes with 135mm spacing and room for big tires may need a 122 BB with a spacer.
Available in 165mm and 170mm lengths. In stock sizes are shown in the drop-down list.